If you're business in logistics, transport, agricultural, mining, or a related industrial-based sector, investing in heavy-duty weighing systems and truck scales can be a daunting investment. Many truck scale suppliers have responded to this by offering a more affordable alternative by making these costly systems available for rent.
While the systems available often depend on the truck scale supplier, most companies offer portable truck scales and similar weighing systems available for rent. Walz Scale, one of the industry's leading suppliers of truck scales and advanced weighing systems, offers these truck weigh scales for rent, along with a few other options for more specialized needs.
1. Portable Truck Scales
The portable track scale is meant to provide incredible features and functionality benefits to various categories of users. Among the benefits that you will enjoy from portable truck scales include:
- various portable truck scale designs
- models that consists of steel and aluminum portable truck scales
- in-motion wheel weighing units
- weighbridge-style truck scales that are fully portable
- portable truck weighing scales that are software-integrated
- lightweight and durable portable truck weigh scales
Furthermore, portable truck scales are convenient for weighing both off-road and over-the-road vehicles. Such portable truck scale solutions are ideal for use in demolition, construction, gravel, sand, logging and any other operation that involves movement from one job site to the next.
2. Rail Car Weighing Scales
Rail scales, or specifically, rail car weighing scales, are train-based weighing systems that are known to provide many solutions and advantages. Rail car scales offer amazing features that are specifically made to ensure that they meet high volume demands.
Among the great features of rail car weighing scale includes:
- heavy capacity load cells
- multiple capacities
- full bridge and axle designs
- local support
- multiple scale sizes
- in-motion and static rail scale designs
Rail car weight scales are often utilized in many railway operations including: agriculture, chemical, recycling, and mining sector. The rail car weighing scales are placed on the railroad track and they weighs the train when a car passes over the rail scale system.
3. Load Volume Scanner
Load Volume Scanner (LVS) is one great non-contact drive-through dump truck and lorry measurement instrument that is essential in providing a volumetric measurement of heavy materials. This is a great machine that makes use of the current technology in order to conduct laser-based scanning of truck loads in order to come up with the volume of the materials being carried. All vehicles are scanned by driving under the elevated scan head at slow speeds of 3-5 MPH.
Apart from having a touch-screen operator console that provides for very easy operator control, also has high visibility LED message board that displays and load results. Furthermore, the LED Message Board provides both status messages and driver instructions. The Load Volume Scanner also has a Ticket Printer that is used to print loading tickets if at all you will need them. The LVS provides for two operation modes, first is the standard operation where vehicles are scanned when empty and the results recorded in the system database.
On the next visit, the now loaded vehicle is scanned and its load volume computed by having a comparison of the load scans against the database records. Alternatively, a vehicle can be scanned "in" and scanned "out" for each load and then the load volume will be computed as the difference between the two scans.
Not only is it costly to invest in measurement technology and weighing scales, but it has proved very costly to calibrate and maintain track scales, thus making many companies shy away from investing in the truck scales and weighing units. Consider this weighing systems and truck scales for rent for your load management needs.
While most companies depend on truck scales and heavy-duty weighing equipment to determine a truck's load weight, many businesses are starting to catch-on to the advantages of the load volume scanner.
The load volume scanner is completely different form of technology in that it doesn't directly weighing loads, but rather uses volumetric scanning to generate 3D images of a truck's load. With basic inputs defining the material density and general weight per cubic metric, the system can take scanned volume data and convert it into weight.
Although a revolutionary means of high-capacity weighing, the load volume scanner is a rather simple tool that offers a wealth of benefits for many companies. Whether for construction, mining, or agriculture, the load volume scanner provides a cost-efficient alternative to truck scales.
Advantages of the Load Volume Scanner
The load volume scanner system offers a wealth of advantages. While its application varies per job site and weighing operation, below are some of the most common advantages of using the load scanner technology.
- Affordability - Compared to heavy-duty to truck scales, such as weighbridges and axle scales, the load volume scanner is a much more affordable investment. Most systems are fraction of the price of most other weighing systems. The load volume scanner can also be rented for short-term use.
- Portability - The load volume scanner can be transported from job site to job site. It's fully-portable trailer system makes it easy for any operator to tow the load scanner system wherever it's needed.
- Accuracy - Generate accurate volume and weight calculations time and time again without needing to recalibrate the system. The load volume scanner provides exceptional accuracy in determining the volume and weight of loads.
- Functionality - In addition to measuring the volume and weight of loads, the load volume scanner also functions to ensure proper load distribution in truck beds. The 3D imagery can provide immediate feedback as to any inadequacies of how loads are being distributed, thus helping to optimize throughput for high-volume operations.
These are just a few of the primary advantages that make the load volume scanner so highly-sought by many different companies. To learn more about the load volume scanner, visit LoadScanner.com to see more information about how the system works, where to invest, and how much it cost.