Blogs by date "09/01/14"
Truck scales offer a wide range of benefits for many purposes, particularly payload weighing and management for mining and resource extraction operations. Truck scales can be implemented into many different weighing operations, and as a result, there are many different types of truck scale systems.
In this article, we are going explore three specific types of truck scales and how they can help optimize payload management processes.
Portable Truck Axles Scale
Portable truck axles scales are built with low profile, transportable design and their level of accuracy is high. The performance of portable truck axle scale systems by Walz Scale are superior compared to other portable axles scales in that they comes in different lengths, configurations and specifications. They can weigh a wide range of vehicles, whether single or multiple axles involved.
See the AXW Series portable axle scale in action by watching the video below, or learn more about some of the advantages of this unique truck scale system below.
Features & Advantages of Portable Truck Axles Scales
- These scale systems are equipped with overload protected
- They are considered "heavy duty" portable axle scales as they can withstand several tons of weigh.
- Portable truck axle scales have optional ramps available for undulating and adverse terrain.
- These truck axle scales are completely portable and can used in many different areas where needed.
- Portable truck scales come available in multiple sizes and weighing capacities.
- These portable truck axle scales can measure a wide range vehicles, spanning from mining trucks to farming vehicles.
- With low-profile portable design, these scales are not only easy to use, but they do not occupy much space.
- Little training is required to use these portable scales.
To learn more about portable truck axle scales, visit this page at WalzScale.com.
Weighbridge Truck Scales
Weighbridge truck scales are used in many applications, including shipping, logistics, mining, and various other commercial uses. Weighbridge scales come either in steel or concrete, depending on the application. In short, these types of truck scales are normally built for long-term use, as they are static (not portable like the latter type of truck scale system.)
Weighbridges are the truck scales that are often mounted along the highways to weigh semi-trucks to ensure they're of legal transport weight. They are also often integrated in logistics operations. Weighbridge truck scales serve to check trucks that may be carrying excess weight thus causing damage to the road, as well as legal fees associate with overweight loads.
Features & Advantages of Weighbridge Truck Scales
- Weighbridges are equipped with robust weight sensors that can calculate extreme amounts of weight.
- These truck scales offer a very rugged and durable design.
- Weighbridge truck scales can often last several years with minimal maintenance.
- They can be mounted in virtually any location with a flat surface.
- Weighbridges are among the most accurate form of truck scales on the market.
- These truck scale systems withstand all types of elements and not affected by weather.
Onboard Truck Scales
Like the name implies, onboard truck scales are designed to weigh loads on-board the actual vehicle. In short, onboard scales are integrated on the vehicle, so there's no external system required for weighing. Onboard truck scales are seamless installed on the chassis of the truck and read-outs are often provided to the driver in the cab.
See some of the various ways in which onboard scales are used in the video below, or see options by visiting Walz Onboard, the onboard truck scale branch of Walz Scale.
Features & Advantages of Onboard Truck Scales
- Onboard scales are versatile and can be integrated on many types of trucks.
- Most onboard truck scales are equipped with in-cab digital indicators for easy payload management.
- The operation of these truck scales are very automated and easy to use.
- They are designed to withstand overloading and extreme amounts of weight.
- When properly calibrated, onboard truck scales are highly reliable and accurate.
These three types of truck scales are the most common used in weighing tractor trailers, semi-trucks, mining trucks, and other vehicles in various industries. To see more types of truck scales for sale, visit WalzScale.com, a global leader in custom-integrated truck scale systems.