On-board Weighing Systems for Freight & Transport Trucks
Shipping, transport, and freight vehicles are a common sight on the road. Unfortunately, too many of these load bearing vehicles are overloaded to the point of putting them (and other drivers) at risk. Overloading is a significant problem. Overweight vehicles have a negative impact on road safety, road condition, environment and fair competition.
On-board weighing systems help to facilitate load management control and reduce the cost of the administration compared to other forms of truck scales. Simply put, on-board weighing systems offer an effective and efficient weighing solution to keep freight and transport vehicles within legal highway limits. These on-board scales also offer a number of other advantages for these types of companies.
Advantages & Applications of On-board Weighing Systems
There are countless advantages as well as applications of on-board weighing systems for trucks and other transport vehicles.
- Low cost and easy-to-install weighing equipment
- Overload protection for tractors and trailers
- Accuracy ±1% of full scale deflection
- Legal-for-trade on-board weighing system
- Bulk weighing for tippers, bulk tipping rigid, semi-trailer and drawbar trucks
- On-board weighing systems for fifth wheel and air suspension trucks and trailers
- On-board weighing systems for trucks & trailers with walking beam type suspension
- Calibrated and certified weighing solution
- Standardized communication connection
In addition to being s a very effective tool to prevent overloading, on-board weighing systems can also help in maintaining the integrity of trucks. It's vital to understand that transport and freight businesses need to stay within safe and legal operating tolerances of their vehicles while maximizing their efficiency. With the aim of offering a solution for commercial vehicles, on-board truck weighing systems do just that.
For more information about on-board weighing systems, or to see other applications beyond trucks and freight-based vehicles, visit WalzScale.com.