In-motion Axle Scales: Affordable, Portable, Versatile Truck Scales
As an operator of a trucking or transport-based company, you're probably well aware of how devastating overload fines can be for business. Despite the fact that these fines leave a dent in your finances, in most cases, operators are challenged by how to go about pinpointing an overloaded truck.
In most cases, roadway trucking companies need an adequate weighing system in place to ensure their outgoing fleet meets legal weight limits before hitting the highway. While many logistics and transport companies often use large truck scales (like weighbridges) or in-warehouse units (such as pallet scales and lift truck scales), many are failing to leverage one of the most versatile, affordable, and efficiency-driven truck scales on the market.
Enter: In-Motion Axle Scales by Walz Scale
Developed by Walz Scale, in-motion axle scales have been designed for a wide range of industry applications, particularly trucking and transport-based businesses. By utilizing some of the latest technologies in load cells and weighing sensors, these portable truck scales aim advance operational efficiency while minimizing costs associated with labor, throughput, and overload fines.
Key Features of In-Motion Truck Axle Scales
Walz Scale's in-motion axle scales for trucks provide a wide range of features that set them apart from other leading portable truck scale options.
- In-motion weighing capabilities: The most sought-after feature of these scales is their capabilities in weighing large trucks while they're moving slowly over the scale. Unlike other forms of truck scales that require the vehicle to come to a complete stop, these systems will gather accurate weight metrics while trucks pass over the scale unit at speeds of about 3 MPH.
- High strength and durability: One of the main factors that are put into consideration in the development of heavy-duty axle scales is the structural strength and durability. This is one of the main shortcomings of most traditional truck scales. The in-motion axle scales are made from high-strength steel construction. This makes them stronger than most other axle scales currently in the market.
- Removable ramps: This is a very modern feature and can be found in only a few other scales. One of the things that contribute to the heavy weight of other scales is excessively bulky ramps. This Scale addresses this problem by making the ramps as small as possible and removable. Also, the ramps are dazzling to act as an additional alert for drivers.
- Versatile base: This feature is meant to make sure that you can weigh your vehicle from anywhere you wish. With the off-road base, you can be able to weigh your vehicle even when in the field and still get accurate readings.
- Advanced weight terminal: Being portable axle scales this scales also need an efficient operation terminal. Walz provides one of the most advanced and efficient terminal for this scale. This terminal comes with a rechargeable battery to ensure that you can be able to weigh your vehicles for many hours without stopping for a recharge. It also has an LCD to make sure that you can see and read the results accurately. If you wish to have a hard copy, then this is also possible as the terminal has an integral printer.
- Load analysis tools: This scales can allow you to incorporate advanced load analysis tools that will help you manage your fleet much better. The tools can allow you to get a 3D load analysis.
Advantages of In-Motion Axle Scales
- These scales are more affordable to buy and maintain compared to other scales. Besides from being affordable when buying you need not incur any additional cost of installation as all you need is a shallow pit.
- The scales are flexible as they allow for both static and in-motion weighing. The in-motion weighing option helps you save a lot of time as you will not be forced to stop the vehicle to measure each axle.
- These scales also offer you better and more accurate results. With this scales, you can be able to determine accurately the weight of each axle and the gross weight of the vehicle.
- You will not require additional manpower to operate this axle scales as you can do everything alone. The RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) system will enable your scales to capture and store the weight of your vehicle for you to review later.